Disclosure: This website is owned, operated and administered by Accredited Lending Group (“ALG”). ALG is a marketer, which means ALG gets paid if you obtain a loan from lenders through our website and the www.guidetolenders.com marketplace. Thus, ALG will be compensated by www.guidetolenders.com when you purchase products or services from service providers through their marketplace accessed through our website. Any relationship that you may form with the service providers is exclusively between you, as the consumer, and the service provider. We do not warrant the products and/or services provided by any of the lenders. ALG is not a lender and this website is used for marketing purposes only.×
LAST UPDATED: March 6th, 2018
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND ACCREDITED LENDING GROUP
These Website Terms of Service (including any document incorporated by reference herein) for the Accredited LENDING GROUP. (“ALG”) websites, located at www.accreditedlending.com and such other websites as may be owned and/or controlled by ALG (collectively the “websites”) that contain these Website Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”), constitutes a legal contract between you and ALG and covers all aspects of your use of the websites and, to the extent not superseded by the terms and conditions of any contract we may sign with you, of any product or service that we may supply to you.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. BY REGISTERING FOR, ACCESSING, BROWSING OR OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITES YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF AT ANY TIME YOU DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CEASE YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES.
These Terms of Service affect your legal rights, including an agreement to resolve disputes that may arise between us by arbitration on an individual basis instead of by class actions or jury trials.
1. Eligibility; Privacy. The products and services offered through the websites are not available to persons under the age of 18 or to persons who are not legal residents of the United States, by visa or otherwise. BY CLICKING ANY “SUBMIT” OR OTHER BUTTON OR BY ACCESSING, BROWSING OR OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITES YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO US THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND ARE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.
Some of the products and services offered through the websites may be subject to additional terms and conditions, including those products and services offered by or through third-party providers. To the extent not inconsistent with these Terms of Service, these additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated herein by reference; however, in the case of any inconsistency between these Terms of Service and any other document that is incorporated by reference herein, these Terms of Service shall control.
2. Products and Services. Certain of the websites function as an online marketplace where visitors can research and submit requests for debt consolidation services and research different types of home and consumer loans, as well as other products and services. You understand and agree that if you submit a request for a product or service or for further information relating to a product or service offered through any of the websites, ALG will share such of your information as may be required in order to match you with selected providers of the products and/or services that you request.
By submitting your contact information to us, you are expressly consenting to be contacted by us or by one or more providers of products and services by telephone, email or postal mail even if you have opted into the national Do Not Call List administered by the Federal Trade Commission, any state equivalent Do Not Call List or the Do Not Call List of any specific institution.
3. Modification of These Terms of Service. ALG reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms of Service at any time by posting amended Terms of Service. Please check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of any of the websites after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. Except as stated elsewhere, such amended Terms of Service will be effective immediately and without further notice.
4. License Grants. Subject to your compliance with these Terms of Service, ALG hereby grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable revocable license to use the websites for purposes of accessing the information and contacting the providers of the products and services contained therein.
ALG expressly reserves all rights not specifically granted herein, including but not limited to the right to exercise whatever lawful means it deems necessary or appropriate to prevent unauthorized use of the websites.
5. Prohibited Conduct. By using the websites, you agree not to:
Use the websites for any purpose other than to access the information and contact the providers of the products and services advertised therein; submit, transmit or facilitate the distribution of information or content that is illegal, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person’s view, objectionable; attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the websites or bypass the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the websites; take any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; use any robot, spider, scraper or other similar system to access the websites; impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, conduct fraud, hide or attempt to hide your identity; or submit, upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
6. Ownership & Proprietary Rights. The websites are owned and operated by ALG. All content displayed on the websites, as well as all visual interfaces, graphics, designs, information, computer code (including source code or object code), software and all other elements of the websites are protected by United States copyright, trade dress, patent and trade/service mark laws, international conventions, where applicable, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. Except as otherwise specified on the websites, all content contained on the websites is the property of ALG and/or its third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by ALG, you may not sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from or otherwise make any unauthorized use of such content.
7. Links to Third-Party Sites; Dealings with Third Parties. The websites may include links or references to other web sites owned or operated by third parties with which ALG may have a relationship. ALG has no control over such third party web sites and, thus, is not responsible for their availability, content or advertising, or any products or services available from such third parties. Your correspondence or business dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third party. Access and use of such web sites is solely at your own risk.
Your correspondence or business dealings with any third parties, including, but not limited to, business dealings with debt consolidation services, mortgage brokers or lenders, insurance agents or carriers or any other product or service provider are solely between you and such third party. ALG is not responsible for any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings.
By using the websites as directed, you are acknowledging that ALG does not make credit decisions in connection with any product or service offered to you, does not recommend, endorse, warrant or guarantee the products or services of any third party and is not party to any discussions that you may have or agreement that you may make with any third party. ALG does not charge anyone a fee to use the websites.
8. Termination; Exclusive Remedy. ALG at any time, in its sole discretion, for any or no reason, and without penalty or liability, may terminate your use of the websites and terminate any session. ALG may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to one or more websites. Any termination of access to the websites may be effected with or without prior notice, and ALG will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such termination. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any dissatisfaction with (i) the websites, (ii) any term or condition of these Terms of Service or (iii) any policy or practice of ALG in operating any website is to terminate your access to and discontinuing use of the websites.
9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, save and hold ALG and its contractors, employees, agents and its third party suppliers and business partners harmless from any claims, losses, damages and liabilities, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of your use or misuse of the websites, any violation by you of these Terms of Service or any breach of the representations, warranties and covenants made by you herein. ALG reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with ALG’s defense of any such claims. ALG will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
10. No Warranty; Disclaimers. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, ALG AND ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM ALG OR THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
THE USE OF THE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITES AND ANY DATA, INFORMATION, COMMERCIAL CONTENT, THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
NONE OF ALG OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS WARRANT THAT ANY DATA, INFORMATION, COMMERCIAL CONTENT, THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING, IF PRESENT, WILL BE CURED OR STOPPED. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF SUCH WEBSITES.
11. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, WILL ALG OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY UNSUCCESSFUL COURT ACTION OR LEGAL DISPUTE, LOST BUSINESS, LOST REVENUES OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR NON-PECUNIARY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITES OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH ALG, EVEN IF ALG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, ALG’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
12. Release. BY YOUR USE OF ANY ALG WEBSITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE ALG AND ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND ALL OTHER RELATED PERSONS OR ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, PROCEEDINGS, LIABLITIES, OBLIGATIONS, LEGAL FEES, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS, “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
13. Choice of Law, Mandatory Arbitration and Venue
13.1 Governing Law / Jurisdiction In the event of a dispute between you and ALG that arises out of these Terms of Service or any product or service you obtain through the websites or companies to which ALG may refer you (a “Claim”), you and ALG agree to resolve that Claim in accordance with the procedures set forth below or as we may otherwise agree to in writing. Claims are subject to the laws of the state of California, United States of America, without regard to choice or conflicts of law principles.
Further, you and ALG agree to the jurisdiction of the Southern District of California to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy that relates to or arises in connection with the Claim (and any non-contractual disputes/claims relating to or arising in connection with them) and is not subject to mandatory arbitration under Section 13.2.1.
13.2 ARBITRATION AGREEMENT This Arbitration Agreement applies only to consumers in the United States.
13.2.1 Dispute resolution and arbitration You and ALG agree that any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and ALG arising in connection with or relating in any way to a Claim or to your relationship with ALG (whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and whether the claims arise during or after any relationship you have with ALG) will be determined by mandatory binding individual (not class) arbitration. You and ALG further agree that the arbitrator shall have the exclusive power to rule on his or her own jurisdiction, including any objections with respect to the existence, scope or validity of the Arbitration Agreement or to the arbitrability of any claim or counterclaim. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED. There may be more limited discovery than in court. The arbitrator must follow this agreement and can award the same damages and relief as a court (including attorney fees), except that the arbitrator may not award any relief, including declaratory or injunctive relief, benefiting anyone but the parties to the arbitration. This arbitration provision will survive termination of the Service.
13.2.2 Exceptions Notwithstanding the clause above (13.2.1), you and ALG both agree that nothing in this Arbitration Agreement will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit either of our rights, at any time, to bring an individual action seeking only temporary or preliminary individualized injunctive relief in a court of law, pending a final ruling from the arbitrator.
13.2.3 No Class Or Representative Proceedings: Class Action Waiver YOU AND ALG AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. Unless both you and ALG agree, no arbitrator or judge may consolidate more than one person’s claims or otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph’s limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
13.2.4 Arbitration rules Either you or we may start arbitration proceedings. Any arbitration between you and ALG will take place under the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in force (the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. You and ALG agree that the Federal Arbitration Act applies and governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision (despite the choice of law provision above). The AAA Rules, as well as instructions on how to file an arbitration proceeding with the AAA, appear at adr.org, or you may call the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. ALG can also help put you in touch with the AAA.
13.2.5 Notice; Process A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other, by certified mail, Federal Express, UPS, or Express Mail (signature required), or in the event that we do not have a physical address on file for you, by electronic mail ("Notice"). ALG's address for Notice is: Accredited Lending Group, Attn: General Counsel, 591 Camino De La Reina, Suite 818, San Diego, CA 92108. The Notice must (1) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (2) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). We agree to use good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if we do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or ALG may commence an arbitration proceeding. All documents and information disclosed in the course of the arbitration shall be kept strictly confidential by the recipient and shall not be used by the recipient for any purpose other than for purposes of the arbitration or the enforcement of the arbitrator’s decision and award and shall not be disclosed except in confidence to persons who have a need to know for such purposes or as required by applicable law.
13.2.6 Enforceability If this Arbitration Agreement is invalidated in whole or in part, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 13.1 shall govern any claim in court arising out of or related to the Agreements.
14.1 Notice. ALG may provide you with notices by e-mail, regular mail or postings on any website. Notice will be deemed given twenty-four hours after e-mail is sent, unless ALG is notified that the e-mail address used is invalid. Alternatively, ALG may give you legal notice by mail to a postal address, if provided by you through any website. In such case, notice will be deemed given three (3) calendar days after the date of mailing.
All notices to ALG must be made in writing and mailed to:
Accredited Lending Group
591 Camino De La Reina Suite 818
San Diego, CA 92108
Attn: General Counsel
14.2 Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of ALG to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by ALG. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the other provisions of these Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect and the parties agree that such court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions.
14.3 Choice of Law; Forum. These Terms of Service shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. If you reside in Idaho these Terms of Service shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Idaho.
Any claim or dispute you may have against ALG must be resolved by a court located in San Diego, California, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in Paragraph 13. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within San Diego County, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. If you are located in Idaho you are exempt from this rule as Idaho consumers are bound by the laws of the State of Idaho.
All claims filed or brought contrary to either Section 13 or this Section 14.3 shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim improperly, ALG may recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, provided that ALG has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim and you have failed to withdraw the claim promptly. This is not applicable to Idaho consumers.
14.4 Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any of your rights and obligations under these Terms of Service without the express prior written consent of ALG, give in its sole discretion. However, you acknowledge and agree that ALG may freely and without restriction or limitation assign or transfer any of its rights and obligations under these Terms of Service.
14.5 Ownership of Information. If you send us any creative materials, such as comments, suggestions, ideas, concepts, drawings, pictures, or other materials (collectively, the “Submissions”), you agree that the Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Company. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of Company, and Company shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any of the Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, Company shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to the Submissions of every kind and nature throughout the world and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
14.6 Copyright Infringement Policy. In accordance with the requirements set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”), Company will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate remedial action. If you believe that any Content on www.accreditedlending.com has been used or copied in a manner that infringes your work, please provide a written notification of claimed copyright infringement to the Designated Agent for the Site containing the following elements as set forth in the DMCA:
Company’s designated agent for the written notification of claims of copyright infringement can be contacted at the following address:
Designated Agent – Copyright Infringement Claims
Accredited Lending Group
591 Camino De La Reina Suite 818
San Diego, CA 92108
Attn: General Counsel
14.7 Entire Agreement. These Terms of Service and any document incorporated by reference herein constitute the entire agreement between you and ALG and govern your use of the websites, superseding any prior agreements between you and ALG. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain products and/or services provided by ALG or one of ALG’s third party business partners.
14.8 Survival. The following paragraphs shall survive termination or your refusal to continue to use the Service: 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE FOR YOUR RECORDS.